Swiss Buns Or Pepitos with Custard And Chocolate Chips Here is a recipe preparation For a dozen buns:
- 250 gr. flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 gr. sugar
-160 Gr. soft butter
- 1 package dry yeast (5-10 g) or 10 gr. fresh yeast
For gilding: 1 egg yolk mixed with 3 tablespoons water
Allow chocolate chips
- 250 ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- Vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 50 gr. sugar
- 20 gr. of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 25 gr. sugar
- 250 ml water
1. In the bottom of the map have the following ingredients in the order: milk, eggs. Start the program “paste” before adding the flour mixture + yeast. As the kneading soft stir in the butter cubes. Let the map travailer dough until the end of the program is approx. 1:30release time included.
2. Spent the rest of the dough, the dough out and then degas it on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough to form a large rectangle that you joignerez edges to obtain a rectangular dough a little more consistent.
3. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and set aside then refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Out the brioche dough from refrigerator, then spread with a rolling pâtsserie to obtain again a large rectangle (again on a lightly floured surface). Remove the custard-y only on one side and then sprinkle with chocolate chips.
5. Cover the filled portion of the virgin surface. Confectionnez your little buns Swiss knife in the direction of the width (approx. 4 cm). Place each bun on a plate and cover sulfurized with a clean cloth free from drafts for 1:30.
6. After this time, brush each brioche mixture of egg yolk + water before baking in a hot oven for 12 minutes at 180 °.
7. While cooking, make the syrup that will serve you a brush on buns tepid. Just boil water and sugar in a saucepan. Book the fridge or like me on the edge of my window (given the temperature outside your syrup is ready, as swiftly as much).
8. Upon exiting the oven, your buns désposez Swiss on a grid and then let cool before brushing syrup. I found my buns a bit “too long” I have therefore cut in half crosswise, about practice …
For even more fun if you do not eat them immediately, skip these little buns in the oven, toaster or the microwave when needed, they are much better hot or even warm !