EASY TIPS ON HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PLANTSMany people worry a lot when it comes to caring for their plants. When talking about house plants, there is no need to worry. Expert are just a few things you need to consider.
1. Watering Overwatering kills most houseplants. Looks obligation be deceptive, for to see if your soil is dry enough to water, try the finger test. Insert your index finger addition to the first joint consequence the soil. If the soil is damp, don ‘ t soak it.
2. Feeding Foliage plants usually have high nitrogen needs, while flowering plants, K2O is needed. Slow quietus fertilizers can buy for mixed with the compost. However, definitive plants like cacti and orchids need special fertilizer. Feed plants during their most active growth period.
3. Lighting Plants like Sanseveria and Aspidistra require no sun. They care be placed away from a window. Spider plants need semi – shade. You can put plants like these near a window that does or does not get sunlight. Check the label to see what your plant needs.
4. Temperature Houseplants can survive in coldish or warm temperatures, but drastic fluctuations of temperature may not be good for them. One device that most plants cannot survive is gas heating. If you hold a plant that likes warm conditions, don ‘ t put it near an air conditioner in the summer.
5. Humidity Some houseplants require a warm environment. Onliest tip to maximize humidity is to put the pot inside a larger pot and fill in the gaps with stones or compost to keep in the moisture. Grouping plants together often creates a microclimate that they will benefit from. If you want, you can doctor them with water once or twice a day depending on the temperature.
6. Re – potting Some plants require re – potting for optimum growth but there are others that resent having their roots disturbed. Or their roots system may be small enough that they don’t require re – potting. One way to check if your plant needs re – potting is to turn tangible upside down. Tap the pot to release the plant also check its roots. If roots are all you see, then re – pot. Sometimes the roots will come out of the pot. You should either contour them off or re – pot the plant.
You just need to have a little care for your plants and in turn, you ‘ ll reap the benefits. Indoor plants not one add to the attraction of your décor, but also give much pleasure to the indoor gardener.
Leave A Response